Braids and flowers



I have always loved adding a layer of complexity to hair through braids, so of course I fell in love with the hair in the Alexander Wang and Miu Miu SS10 catwalk. Actually, I prefer it softer, looser and poofier than what was sent down the runway, as tight braids conjure too many images of chinese kung fu movies (sorry, but all the best kung fu scenes are from that period!). This means I'll need hair extensions, volumizing hair spray and lots of time to achieve that look. I'll pass for now...

If by some miracle, my hair grows big and volumous enough, I definitely have to try braiding a string of flowers into my hair. This idea has been floating in my head every spring (with the inevitable spring equals flowers concept and all). Braiding in flowers is not a new idea, but there is still something ethereal about it- perhaps the idea of bonding with nature in an elfish nature... and though extremely impractical, I would love to to somehow incorporate flexible branches into the hair for a tougher, less feminine look...

Post a Comment

  all rights reserved © scrapbook f by adelaide